Monday, January 28, 2013

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire



At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 4 years and 4 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 43 weeks old!!! It has been another funnnnn week?!?  (sentence to be read with much sarcasm)  It started out rough and ended rough!

The sweet, sweet staff from Animalia sent a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers.  They loved Nugget too and grieved along with our family.  I spent Tuesday trying to hold back tears all day long.  Blake and I kept thinking of fun Nugget memories, sharing them and laughing about the good ole days with our pup.  We keep expecting to hear the clicking of his nails on the hardwood.  Or him scratching at the door to go outside.  Hearing him shake, right out side Jane Claire's door during nap time!!!  It annoyed me every time he did it!!  What I would give to be annoyed again...

I was able to get the sweetest and most heartbreaking video ever to share of Jane Claire.  She loves dogs.  She gets the biggest grin and laughs when she sees a dog.  It is the cutest thing ever.  But now we don't have a dog for her to love.  All we have is a statue of a dog.  On a table. And she thinks it is real...
Bless her sweet little heart.  Is that not the most precious and pitiful thing you have ever seen?!?  She will be the reason we get another pup in our house again!!!  Maybe sooner rather than later!  This girl needs a dog!

Tuesday afternoon, we took both kiddos in for their checkups with Dr. P.  Crosby's 4 year appointment and Jane Claire's 9 month appointment.  I had been eager to get them in and see where they were on the growth charts.  I have been working hard to pack a few extra pounds on Jane Claire!  Crosby went first.  He was a little more tentative this visit, scared things would hurt.  I assured him there would be no shots but that didn't help!  At 4 years old, Crosby was 41.5 inches tall and 37 pounds.  That has him in the 80th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight!  He had his first vision test and passed it, although he didn't have much patience for it!  He also passed his hearing test too.  Crosby looked great!

It was Baby Girl's turn next.  She wasn't a big fan of being checked out either!  In the end, Jane Claire weighed 17 pounds and was 27.5 inches long.   That had her around the 15th percentile for weight and the 40th percentile for height.  She moved up a little on the weight end of things so maybe my efforts worked?! At least I know she is getting a few extra ounces of milk every day.  Maybe I will stop sneaking in her room and topping her off at night soon.  Maybe... ;-)

I thought about telling Crosby not to touch anything in the doctor's office.  Just this week, I saw a report in the news saying kids should not play with toys in doctor's offices to help avoid illness.  Of course that was not new information, just a reminder.  However, I failed to say anything out loud to Crosby.  And to keep him occupied while Jane Claire was being seen, I let Crosby play with a toy.  Guess who had a fever when we got back from CBS on Wednesday afternoon?!?  Yep.  Crosby.  Heavens to Betsy.  Not again!!

So what do we do when Crosby is sick?  We make "forks"...
AKA...Forts!  He plays in them when his fever is down.  So does Jane Claire!
You would never even know the child is sick!
Until you see him lying on the couch like this...
Then you know something is definitely wrong with him.  He doesn't spend time on the couch like this unless he is sick!  But when his fever is down, he is all about forks...
Blake got all fancy and even put a door on this one!
Fortunately his fever broke around 3:00 am Saturday morning.  We kept both kiddos home from church on Sunday just to be safe.  For them and other little ones.

So, gere we are.  Already Monday.  Was I horrible with pictures this week or what?!?  I think illness has just about done me in!!  At least I managed to snap a few pictures of Jane Claire at 43 weeks...
She is getting harder to take pictures of these days...
She looks at you like you are crazy...
 and then she makes a made dash for her rabbit!!!  She thinks grabbing her bunny is a fun game!
"What?  I AM sitting and looking at the camera. I just have my bunny by the ears. You didn't say I couldn't do that..."
Silly girl!!!
All done!
Yep.  We are all done around here!  Did I mention that I took these pictures in between bouts of fever???  Did I mention that as I type, I am pretty sure she has another one???  Sigh.  Oh how I pray she wakes up and all is well.  Yep. We are ALL DONE with illness in this house!!!  We shall see soon enough if this one sticks around...

No comments: