Monday, January 14, 2013

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 4 years and 2 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 41 weeks old!!! Based on the picture above, can you guess what kind of a week it has been???

So, last Monday, I made the comment, "My knees are achy like I have a fever but I don't have a fever."  It was strange.  I always have achy joints when I have a fever.  That is how I know I have one.  No thermometer required.  It can be a measly 99.0 and my knees start aching.  But this time, I felt absolutely fine.  Except the annoying achy fever knees.  Whatever.  I just ignored it and kept going.  Maybe I am just getting old and my knees are going to ache.  

That brings us to Tuesday, where we normally start things off.  Same thing. I had achy knees Tuesday morning.  So bizarre, I thought.  I felt absolutely fine, minus my silly knees.  Once again, I ignored it and kept going.  It must be age.  Who has time for sore knees when you have a birthday boy to celebrate?  Again!?!?  Yep!  This time at school.  I was going to make cupcakes to take to his class.  Then I decided that might be overachieving a bit. So I went to Publix and bought a dozen and half.  Since Blake was off, we all headed to school with plans to feed kiddos lots of sugary, Publix yumminess... (pardon the iphone photos and the length of Crosby's hair)
He had to wear his Toy Story "4"shirt.  And that hair.  Good grief, why didn't I notice it needed to be fluffed?!?  We have major static, wild hair or static stuck to your hair genes.  Clearly the later was the problem this day!!  And the length.  Poor thing.  Despite his bad hair moment, Crosby was thrilled to have us bring cupcakes to his class.  You may not be able to tell in this picture, but he was!
Addy LOVED her cupcake!!
Thank goodness for Mrs. Fisher.  We didn't bring candles but she had a stash.  And matches!  fabulous...
He blew that flame out like an ole pro! ;-)
The kiddos loved their cupcakes but they also loved having Jane Claire visit.  Everybody loves a baby! Who couldn't love that precious face?!?
So cute to see her fans...
I just had to take a picture of Crosby's cupcake.  Clearly he is NOT my child!!!  I would absolutely never leave a cupcake with one bite taken out of it sitting on a plate.  And walk away from it. With no plans to return. EVER. Even if it tasted like cardboard, I would eat it.  I cannot say no to sweets!!  Apparently Crosby has no problems...  
And it had nothing to do with the fact that they were from Publix!  The cream cheese icing was quite delish.  The child just doesn't love sweets as much as his mother does.  What can I say?  I have done something wrong!! ;-)

After the party, we headed back home.  I started to notice increased aching in the knees.  And everywhere else.  Then I started to feel feverish for sure.  Maybe it wasn't age after all!!  We got the kiddos to bed and I got myself in bed pretty early.  But I woke up on Wednesday feeling worse.  Blake went into work a little late but I was on my own and feeling pretty rotten.  I am pretty sure Crosby watched TV all day long.  It took all the energy I had to make sure everyone was fed and dressed.  Playing was not an option.  When Blake got home, I headed down to the Little Clinic, knowing it was likely the onset of a sinus infection.  Came out with a positive Flu Type A test!!! Ahhhh!!  And to think we had JUST been passing out cupcakes to a classroom full of kiddos!!!  Ahhhhh!!! Wouldn't you know, by the time I got home, Crosby's fever started up.  Thursday morning, Jane Claire had fever...



Oh dear!!!  Thank goodness Blake was able to rearrange his schedule and take kiddos to the doctor, fill prescriptions, administer medication and feed us!!  Amazingly, he never got it!  I don't know if we just had a mild case or if Tamiflu is the best medicine ever, but we were all fever free by Saturday.  I was good by Friday morning.  I had a little bit of congestion left over but that wasn't even bad.  Thankfully we had no GI issues, just fever and some minor respiratory issues.  The kids didn't even have the later.  All in all, we were lucky.  It could have been MUCH worse!!!


On another note... you may recall my saying this sweet, little, angel baby, Jane Claire, has a sassy side. Here is the proof...
Oh my goodness!!!  What do you do with that???  We are at a loss that is for sure!  I try not to laugh and just ignore her but it sure is hard.

Meanwhile, Crosby wanted to share his super sweet side by performing a song using his new microphone.  I kind of like his version best!! ;-)
As if Crosby hadn't had a bad enough week, he took a pretty serious tumble down the garage steps on Sunday morning.  (We decided to keep the kiddos home from church just in case we still had a few flu germs floating around! You're welcome, friends... ;-) )  He was attempting to open the garage door so we could run a quick errand.  Once he hit the button, I think he forgot there was one more step!  He fell  super hard, face first, into a chair that was sitting at the bottom of the steps.  It was the hardest thud I have ever heard.  I snatched him up and immediately ran back inside, yelling for Blake.  I just knew blood would be everywhere.  Once he (and I) was a little composed, we were able to assess the situation.  Just a small gash and a goose egg behind his ear and a pretty big bruise on his right cheek... 

It could have been so much worse.  I am kind of amazed it wasn't!  I can still hear the sound of his face hitting the chair...  Break my heart.  And just for the record, I am of no use in emergency situations.  I just panic and lose control.  I may know CPR but you can bet I would have no clue what to do if I actually needed to use it!!  Let's pray I don't...

I was able to get a precious video of Jane Claire waving at herself in the mirror.  For months, I have been stopping at the mirror every morning and asking, "Where's the baby?!?"  Jane Claire gets the biggest grin on her face as soon as she hears me say it.  She looks at herself in the mirror and give the sweetest smiles.  Now she has learned a new trick!!  She can wave at the sweet baby she sees staring back at her...


Too cute!!!

Due to illness, this week is really lacking pictures.  Of course I am kicking myself now.  There just wasn't much to take pictures of around these parts.  We were a mess!  Maybe next week will be better.  Let's hope so! At least we managed to snap this...

Jane Claire at 41 weeks!!!



No comments: