Monday, October 17, 2011

Mondays with Crosby



At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 42 weeks old!!!  We had special visitor come to town this weekend.  Crosby's cousins came to town!!  He was super excited to see Sam and Gid on Saturday.  We meet Lulu, GranBuddy, and the Cyrs at Animalia for a picnic lunch.  It was a beautiful day to be outdoors.  So beautiful that our child had zero desire to sit and eat.  He just wanted to run and climb!  Who am I kidding, they ALL wanted to climb.  We tried getting pictures of all 4 cousins...
Man is that a hard thing to do!!!
I am thinking this is about as good as it got. At least all heads are up!
I couldn't resist sharing this one of Charlotte!!!  She is such a ham...
After lunch, we headed across the road to visit a Fall favorite...
Gentry Farm!!!  Of course I attempted a cousin picture on the wagon but that was even harder than the first round...
This was a bribery shot!  I told Crosby that we could ride the on the hay (without hay) ride AS LONG AS he would be sweet and look at the camera!  I know you can't tell by looking at the pictures I have posted, but he really was a little more cooperative when the camera was pointed his way.  All I had to do was say, "Do you want to ride on the tractor????"  He did!
Gid let me take a really good picture of him next to the scarecrow...
Crosby...not so much.  The hay (without hay) ride was over and he wanted to slide!  Good thing he will do anything Sam does!
We had to ride the little tractors again this year.  It is always a favorite...
This year, Crosby was able to participate in more of the activities set up for the little ones.  He had zero desire to stand in one spot last year.  Playing in the corn troughs was not an option.  But this year was different!  He spent a good 10 minutes pour corn in and out of cups and funnels.  Yay for increased attention spans!
I had to take a picture of these signs for my own sake!  Guess what we studied this week in CBS...
How precious that the Gentry family has the Fruit of the Spirit displayed for all who visit!  
It was especially meaningful to me this week!
I had to take a "special" picture of the one I want to work on more!
And here is another decent face shot of my boy, sitting and playing with tractors!  Once again, YAY for increased attention spans!!!
A shot of the hay-less hayride...
Family shot in front of the wagon.  Hello sunshine!
And the kids in front of the wagon.  I think they were pretty well done at this point!
Getting a swing in before leaving...
We all got together again on Sunday for lunch.  According to Sam Malone, we ate at "the best restaurant in Tennessee"... Shoneys!   I managed to get one cute picture of Charlotte and Crosby while we were waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive.
Too bad I didn't have a good bribe for group pictures at Shoney's.  Crosby was in a foul mood most of the meal and was not participating in photo shots!  Beggars can't be chooser!  At least we got a few on Saturday...

No comments: