Monday, October 10, 2011

Mondays with Crosby


 At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 41 weeks old!!!  This week, it is really starting to feel like fall!  Supposedly it was even cooler while we were at the beach.  But we were at the beach so I have no clue!  This weather feels GREAT to me.  Cool nights and mornings.  Warm days.  I really don't think it gets much better than this!  It does make dressing the boy a little difficult.  The mornings are just cool enough that shorts and a t-shirt seem silly.  But after lunch, I start to wonder why I dressed him so warm!  So, we have been sporting the long sleeve shirt with shorts look.  I mean, he has to get all of his seasonal shirts in one way or another, right?!?  I attempted to take a picture of my favorite boy with my FAVORITE fall wreath.  At least the wreath cooperated...

What tastes better in the fall than a homemade apple pie?  WITH Crosby's name on it!!!  Thanks LeAnne...
On a different note.  The past few months have been rather difficult for me and my boy.  Someone flipped a switch.  All of a sudden, my happy go lucky kiddo has started crying every time I take him anywhere.  School has been the worst.  He cries as soon as he wakes up, "I not going to school, Mommy!"  He cries during breakfast.  He cries walking out to the car.  He cries on the drive to school.  And he has an absolute meltdown between the car and the classroom door.  Pitiful!!!  Heartbreaking.  Most Mondays and Fridays, I am ready to pull him out of school altogether.
We have tried to talk it out.  "Why are you sad to go to school/CBS/anywhere I am not?"  I usually get, "I don't know."  One day I got, "I miss you!"  Rip my heart out would you????  For whatever reason, my little man is going through a spurt of serious separation anxiety.  
But today.  Ahhhh, today.  We had a bit of a break through.  He wasn't as tearful as this morning.  I was able to distract him from focusing on being separated.  I started thinking of ways I could make this a good day.  Crosby has asked to go to Toys R Us several times lately.  And seeing how he still has a gift card from his birthday, I thought I could use it in my favor!  
He started to tear up as we were leaving but I was able to get him in the car and out of the garage without losing it.  We headed down the driveway and I presented the plan.  "Crosby, if you can be a BIG boy at school today, with NOOOO tears, maybe we can go to the toy store after school!!!!"  He liked the idea.  No tears when we pulled up.  He was even playing around as we drove.  No tears when we got out of the car.  As we approached the door, his mood changed a bit.  "Mommy hold you."  So I picked him up and we walked into the building.  Still holding back tears.  We made it to the door and transferred him over to his teacher.  With a quivering lip, he said, "I'm going to the toy store."  Sweet thing was trying so hard and he did it!  NO TEARS!!!  Hallelujah!!   I cannot tell you how happy this small break through made me!   We made it to Toys R Us...
We spent a good 45 minutes looking at all the cars, pushing buttons and dancing to their tunes...
He was happy...
I was happy!
And he got to pick out a prize for being sooooo BIG!
Guess what it was...
2 more cars!
Boy was he proud of those 2 new cars...
Too bad he ran right out into the parking lot as we left the store and was not allowed to open them until Daddy got home!  And then he was a stinker much of tonight!  At least we had a good drop off?!?!? :-)

Unfortunately, Crosby will be out of school for 2 weeks due to fall break.  What are the chances this will carry over when he starts back up????

No comments: