Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 16 weeks old!!!  Let me just tell you, this boy talks non-stop!  It is pretty hilarious to ride around with him these days.  He can literally spot every single piece of construction equipment within a half mile of the car.  He tells us which way to turn when we are going different places.  I think he could get us from point A to point B as long as he knows our destination!  It is kind of nuts.  He is still completely in love with any and every type of vehicle.  A tidbit I forgot to mention last week...  He got into Jason's police car, a Chevrolet Impala, which had been completely converted to be, well, a police car.  He looked at the dashboard, saw the radio controls and promptly stated, "Like Gee Gee's car!" I mean, even I forgot we were sitting in an Impala!  The details this boy picks up on are wild!  He is so much fun right now I can hardly stand it.  And cute, I might add! :)

Well folks, Sunday was the day! The Nashville March for Babies was held at Centennial Park and it was a BEAUTIFUL day.  Not only did The Grace Walkers complete the two mile walk, we also raise a total of ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE DOLLARS!!!!  Can you tell I am super excited about our accomplishment??  I was floored just to meet the goal.  I never expected we could exceed it!  I wonder what we will raise next year when I am actually organized and get the ball rolling much sooner than I did this year?!?  I am already coming up with ways to do more in 2012...  :) 

Here is a picture of our team...
Rachel, Lucy, Dan, Knox and Neil Williamson; Yvonne Craig, Lucy, Anne Claire and Charlotte, Us!
My parents were there in spirit.  I knew the terrain would be a nightmare for mom and her scooter so I encouraged her to stay home!

The Williamsons.  All FIVE of them...

You just couldn't see sweet Neil's face in the picture above.  But he was there!  Slept like a dream the entire time. What a doll...
Me and Melissa...
The sweet blessings that allowed our paths to cross.  Thank the Lord for blessings...
Pre-walk bananas.  Crosby needed a lot of carbs for that looong ride! ;-)
Blake getting Crosby pumped up for the walk...

So, Crosby isn't the only boy in town who is a car fan.  Knox was so excited to show his yellow car to Crosby.  So precious these boys of ours...

And we are off!  We had a big hill to climb...

Looking back down the hill...

Mid-walk picture!  Our team was spread out all over the place.  I am pretty sure Dan is behind Danielle and Jack, who also walked with our crew!  Two Danielle's and one Daniel. Not confusing at all...
Rachel and I had to laugh.  Who would have ever imagined these two boys pushing strollers side by side!!! Love it...

Here we are at the end of the race...

The March of Dimes created several opportunities to remember babies who are no longer with us.  We were able to select and decorate a flower for each of the girls.  You can't see them in this picture, but we had Crosby draw on the leaves.  He request that we draw and excavator on Caroline's flower and a crane on Finely's flower.  What a sweet baby brother!!!  The March of Dimes also provides bandanas to represent lost(white), preterm (light purple) and full term babies (dark purple).  Obviously, I wore one of the white bandanas around my head!  I am sure you are glad to know I was not attempting to look fashionable!  We tied the light purple bandana around Crosby's seatbelt, which you can see above.

I have to say a special thank you to Ms. Craig who raised $600 on her own!  Amazing!  Clearly we wouldn't have met our goal without her help!  Thank you, thank you to each and every person that donated to this great cause.  There is no way to know who will benefit from the money raised.  I feel like we owe the March of Dimes so much more than we will ever be able to give.  It is because of their commitment to helping babies that we have Crosby here to love!  We are so grateful...   

It didn't matter that we finished the walk around 3:15 and were waaaaay late for nap time.  Crosby still wanted to see the train at the park...

 Of course we had to let him "ride" on the "big wheels"...
I devised a plan on our way home.  I didn't want him to get his usual 3+ hour nap because that would have him waking up around bedtime!  So I thought we could both attempt a light nap on the couch.  We cuddled up under a blanket with a few cars as "lovies".  It only took a few stern, "Crosby....GO TO SLEEP!!" requests before it actually happened.  Let me just tell you how nice it was to have him fall asleep in my arms... 

No comments: