Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 13 weeks old!!!  And what a doozie of a week it has been! Crosby and I hopped in the car with my parents and headed to Georgia to visit my aunt and uncle.  What I had planned on being a lovely visit turned out to be mess!  Crosby was in rare form.  I have never heard that child whine as much as he did in that 48 hour period.  One second, he would be sitting in my aunt's lap reading a book.  The next second, he was crying, "Mommy's coming!?!? Mommy's Coming?!?"  The child that loves being with his grandparents, would whine if they got near him.  He just wanted to be right up under me.  He didn't want to sit and eat meals.  He woke up 3 and 4 times a night. His nap was shorter than normal on Friday.  Basically, the child was a train wreck.

To make matters worse, a sore throat turned into a hacking cough for me.  I probably got 3 hours of sleep Friday night between Crosby waking up and me nearly coughing my head off...literally.  I even have pulled muscles in my back from this horrific cough. Which I still have...

Between Crosby's attitude and my ailment, I hardly pulled the camera out.  Of course most of the pictures portray a sweet, adorable boy!!!  Don't be fooled!

A peaceful moment, reading a book with Uncle Ken...
  
Mr. Grumpy Pants at dinner.  Not wanting to eat or have his picture taken...

Reading books with GeeGee...

Reading books with Aunt Dot...

Thank goodness I took a LOT of books!  He at least LOOKED sweet while reading them!!  But this picture pretty much sums up our trip...

Mr. Whiney Pants will be lucky if he is ever invited to visit Uncle Ken and Aunt Dot again!!!  I can only hope my aunt and uncle weren't scarred from our visit.  I keep thinking maybe he really wasn't as bad as I perceived.  Maybe he didn't seem that whiney to the rest of the family!!  I can only wish... :)

So here we are on Monday.  I am still hacking.  He is still having his whiney moments.  At least I got a few smiles out of him.  Bribery.  "If you will be a sweet boy while I get paint, you can ride the tractors AFTER we are done."  He did pretty good so he got to ride a few tractors...


 He was thrilled...
 Feeling pretty cool...
 And quite proud of himself...
Next time I will have to remember to take a "tractor" with us to visit Aunt Dot and Uncle Ken!!! :)

While we were away, most of the blooms popped out on Finley's cherry blossom.  It seems like the blooms start to fall of before you get a chance to even enjoy them.  Crosby sees them blowing in the wind and calls them "big snow!"  I was glad to see bright blue skies so I could snap a few pictures this year.  Pretty cute. I love the pink cluster right in the middle...


What a beautiful way to remember my sweet girl...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We loved having you all--especially Crosby! We will take him any way we can get him. Hope you are feeling better. We love you!