Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mondays with Crosby


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 10 weeks old!!! Boy was it a rocky one.  He started out with a cough and low grade fever last weekend.  The fever was gone by Monday but the cough persisted.  He was still eating and playing like normal so I didn't give it much thought.  But as the week progressed, his demeanor changed.  He was SUPER whiney and wasn't eating as much.  He managed to nap well but was waking up during the night.  And when he woke up each morning, he quickly started asking to go back to bed, and did so all day long.  (Mainly because he wanted "bubba"...)  By Wednesday, he was acting as if it was painful to have food in his mouth and he hardly ate a thing all day.  I finally had to take him in for a checkup on Thursday.  Of course, nothing showed up.  No strep.  No ulcers in the mouth.  No ear infection.  Maybe a sore throat from all of the coughing was the only conclusion we came to.

To make matters worse, Blake had a conference in Athens, GA over the weekend and I was planning to go with him.  With Crosby acting all out of sorts, it seemed I would likely stay home.  By Thursday night, I was exhausted, Crosby was still a mess, and I was pretty crabby.  Thankfully, Crosby seemed to be better Friday morning.  His mouth was still sensitive to random foods, but he actually ate 2 full meals.    That gave me to confidence I needed to continue with our trip as planned.  As much as hated to leave my out of sorts boy with my parents, I really NEEDED some time with the hubs!!!

Thankfully, he had a great weekend and we did too!  It was so nice to enjoy a meal without scarfing it down.  It was nice to ride in the car without listing to the latest Music Together CD or  Cedarmont Kids. It was WONDERFUL to stroll around the outlet mall at my own pace, trying on anything and everything without hearing protest from the toddler in the stroller!

By Saturday night, we were both missing our boy!  Knowing we would see his sweet smile made the drive home much more exciting!   There were lots of hugs and kisses when we finally made it back.  Gee Gee and Pop were the only ones who might have been a little disappointed!

So on this Monday, we spent the day together doing a whole lot of nothin'...

Just playing with cars and trucks...
Putting cars IN trucks...
Playing with trucks at the table...

Making sweet gestures while playing with trucks at the table...
"I don't know?!?!"

And not eating breakfast because we are too busy playing with trucks at the table!!!
So, I let the trucks watch him eat!  And I get this face...
Which quickly turns even more sour...
And then I make some silly noise and his smile returns...
He is happy once again...
And back to being silly...
And so stinkin cute!!!

Today was a good day.  The whiney Crosby seems to be gone.  The easy-going, fun-loving Crosby is back in full force!  And his mom was rejuvenated too!  So we pulled out the camera again at dinner just to snap a few more pictures of this sweet face...




I love this boy...

1 comment:

Jill Fields said...

Soooo glad Little Man is feeling better and just as glad you had a relaxing weekend! By the way, the sign was a hit! Everyone LOVED it! I do have pic and will send them just as soon as I find a moment to get the remaining downloaded!