Monday, May 24, 2010

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 1 year and 21 months old!!! I am just realizing that "21" part! My goodness, I think year 2 is going faster than year 1. Uggggghhhh. Can somebody PLEASE slow this process...please??? He even looks like a little boy in these pictures. It is just not right...

Preparing to leave the US for a week seems much harder when a near 17 month old is in the picture! There is so much to think about. Do we take the monitor? The sound machine is going for sure. What toys do we take for the plane? I suppose he need ear phones for the DVD player on the plane. How many books should we take? We will just take enough diapers to get us there and then buy what we need for the rest of the week. What swim vest is best? You get the idea. So many questions have been running through my mind. So many things I need to get before we leave. That means we have been on the go ALL WEEK LONG. Trying to get it all done before Friday.

Today's start was pretty typical. He read a few books after breakfast. He still loves them. I mean LOVE them...

We've seen this before. Him in the armoire, reach for the books in the very back...
Pulling out EVERYTHING in the process. Can you even find Crosby? It is almost looks like a page in a "Where's Waldo" book...
Then we headed out on an errand run. Things were okay in the produce section...
Then I had the bright idea to remove bubba in the frozen food section. Not such a good idea. He was so over Walmart! You would think he was being abused by the look of this face...
"Just give me my bubba"...
So pitiful! I gave it back and he was fine. Although I am thinking he was trying to point to the door!
I tried telling him this will all be worth it very soon. Once we are playing in the sand on a beach in Cancun. He didn't really care at the moment. Ohhhh, but he will understand soon enough!
I let him stretch his legs in the great outdoors once we got home...
He has found the sand less sandbox part of the swing set. He looked pretty sweet crawling in and out...
He also loves crawling in and out of these chairs. Not the safest game he plays! Does he not look soooo big sitting there???
Then he went for a ride on his truck...
"Is that not a weed eater," you ask?? Nope. That is a truck, according to Crosby. I don't have the heart to tell him otherwise...
We got this lovely vest while we were at Walmart, hoping it will keep him above water! Blake thought he looked like a little sumo wrestler...
And proceeded to "box" him in the abs. Of course Crosby thought it was so funny. But he was so off balance that he couldn't stay on his feet...
Showing off his "abs"...
After a 3 1/2+ hour nap, he woke up to find this sweet little girl smiling at him...
He and Miss Charlotte spent the afternoon playing together. We are so excited to have a full week of cousin time!!!
Of course, I am planning to take the computer with us. I can't skip a Monday! And I think it will help me document our vacation! So you should be hearing from us...

2 comments:

Courtney said...

AH!! I can't stand it they are both so cute!!

Jill Fields said...

You guys have a great time!!! We'll hold down the fort in TN!!!

Could you bring me back one of those T-shirts that says, "My____ went to Cancun, and all I got was this lousy shirt"???

Have fun!