Tuesday, September 8, 2009

17

That is the number of years it has been since I started "going with" Blake! Waaaaaaaay back on September 8, 1992. Just 6 days after his birthday. I can still remember the phone call. Yes, it was a phone call. And no, I can't REALLY remember what he said. There was something mentioned about "going together". Now, with me at 14 and him only 15, we didn't do much "going" anywhere! Except when our parents were the drivers, of course. I do remember the giddy, butterflies in my stomach, couldn't wipe the smile of my face feeling that phone call gave me! Blake Malone was MY boyfriend!!!! Ahhhhh, what a great day it was! And, as they say..."the rest is history!"

4 comments:

stance. said...

that is the stinkin' sweetest post ever :)

Rachel Williamson said...

I think Dan still remembers that too, but I think he's finally over it ;-)

Sonja said...

I'm cracking up at Rachel's comment....hahaha.

I remember those days. I think I'm the owner of one of your first date pics where you are wearing my "George Kastanza" shirt.

Jill Fields said...

This is so funny! I definitely remember these days, too! You were and are the perfect couple!