Monday, May 27, 2013

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 4 years and 20 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 1 year and 8 weeks old!!!  It has been a busy week for Jane Claire.  So many milestones.  Her top, right tooth popped through on Sunday. Her gums have been swollen for weeks so I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for one to finally break through.  Well, it officially happened.  AND my sweet little girl is officially started walking.  No more steps here and there.  She figured out the full fledged walk!  Oh  my heart.  My baby.  My tee tiny baby...

Sigh.

We had a fun play date a the park earlier in the week.  Don't let the shorts fool you.  It was a wee but chilly.  Hence Jane Claire's semi purple lips above!  ;-)  She LOVED watching the big kids run around.  She wants to be a big kid too...
She wanted to climb right up there with Crosby and Annie.  Luckily she was no where close to getting up there.  One thing at a time little bit...
The big kids were kind enough to sit a spell to let me take one picture.  With the sun beaming down in their eyes.  Crosby, Dean and Annie still look pretty cute!
I just LOVE this one of Jane Claire on the slide.  Those baby blue just pop off the red background...
Then I sat her down in the grass...
Watching her attempt to pick "flowers" was pretty precious...
Crosby wanted to take a selfie with me.  I will gladly agree to take a picture when he is willing!!  

And here is proof that I am still wearing the fleece in MAY!!!  SO ready for permanent warm weather!  I am thinking we are super close to saying it is here to stay.  Fingers crossed.

So.  Blake and I have a trip planned for our upcoming anniversary.  We will drive to Knoxville and stay one night there.  The next day we will head to Highlands, North Carolina and spend 2 nights there.  The children are...how do I put it....not invited.  Sounds nice for and anniversary trip, no?!?  Yet, there is a small problem with this plan.  Jane Claire has never spent a night away from me.  I sort of feed her.  She doesn't take bottles which kinda makes distance impossible.  The good news is she now takes whole milk from a cup!  That is progress!  Of course she still likes for me to feed her too.  Wonder how this trip going to work??  

I thought it might be best to do a trial run before we head off to another state for a few days.  My parents gladly offered to have the kids down for a night this weekend.  My heart hurt all week just thinking about my baby spending the night away from me.  I knew it needed to happen though. So, we loaded up the car on Saturday and headed to meet my parents.  Crosby is an old pro so I knew he would be just fine. (although I don't think HE has spent the night away since right after she was born!!!)  Here they are right before they drove away...
Then they drove away...
Break my heart!!!  It did for a second or so.  Then I realized the anticipation was far worse than the actual parting of ways.  I wish I could write about some fabulous date Blake and I went on.  And post a picture of us all dressed up, looking cute.  Umm.  Yea.  No.  No date.  No pictures.  Blake was sick.  Of all times!!!  Of course it wasn't about me and Blake anyway. It was a trial run for my parents and the kids.  And that went perfectly!  I cannot tell you what a relief that was.  And of course it was thrilling to pick them up after church and see their sweet faces again.  It is true that absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess!

On Sunday evening , we had small group.  Blake wasn't 100% so he stayed home.   I snapped a few pictures of the kiddos that were too cute.  Ainsley and Crosby were having a little tea party...
Jane Claire was very interested to see what they were doing...
She managed to scoot Crosby right out of the chair and take his place!!  She looked so big sitting in that chair...
Then she did this...
And her What a little doll, that girl.  She melts my heart.  So do these two...
Blake promised Crosby they could go camping.  When we got back from small group, he had the tent set up in the bonus room and was ready to "camp".  What a trooper considering he had not felt good most of the weekend!!  Crosby loved sleeping in the tent.  Maybe one day they will take it outdoors!!

A little funny story about Jane Claire and kissing Blake...  You may or may not have noticed that Blake has been keeping a beard.  He hates to shave and it is easier not to.  (Sure wish I could get away with that excuse!!!)  Anyway, recently Jane Claire has been giving good night kisses to everyone before bed.  But when it is Blake's turn, she leans in like she is going to kiss him right on the lips and then turns her head at the last second and starts laughing!!!  It is soooo funny.  Apparently she is not a fan of his beard!!  

Today Crosby had all of his sharks lined up on the swing set.  I had him give me his best shark face and this is what I got...
Hilarious.  Tonight we made a run to Sweet CeCe's for dessert.  My little bit looked so cute sitting in the tiny adirondack chairs...
"Look!!!"
"Mommy.  Stop taking pictures and LOOK."
Guess I am going to have to start putting shoes on my baby girl...

No comments: