Monday, March 11, 2013

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 4 years and 10 weeks old.  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 49 weeks old!!!  In 4 days, I will turn a lot of years and weeks old...  Yikes.  They are getting so big.  Just look at them up there.  She is all propped up on Blake, with that leg crossed like the little priss she is.  Mouth wide open like a baby bird.  He is giving her whatever she asks for.  Oh how he loves her so.  We talk about it at least every other day.  You, talking about appropriate ways to show his love!!! ;-)  I don't know why she doesn't like him in her face all day long, squeezing on her cheeks and patting her head.  Sometimes harder than he should.  She has started to defend herself a bit these days.  She swings those little arms, letting him know she is done.  Or she will just push him away.  Those gestures are usually accompanied by a "you are annoying me" grunt, too!  Something tells me she is going to get feisty real soon!

The camera sat on the shelf for much of the week, something I am really regretting with each post.  But that is a whole other post so I will just leave it at that!!  I did manage to snap a few pictures on Sunday. There were even a few snapped of ME.  What?   We met at the Malone's house Sunday afternoon for my birthday lunch.  Jane Claire looked like a little doll, wearing a dress Miss Margaret let us borrow...
Lulu had the table decorated beautifully.  Who doesn't love daisies and tulips?!?  Especially pink and yellow...
We had a fabulous lunch followed by a dainty cake for the occasion.  She said she had to have a cake for the kiddos sake.  They love nothing more to sing the birthday song and help blow out candles!
One little candle.  Because I am really young...
My actual birthday sweet treat was an oreo banana pudding pie.  Talk about divine!!!  I totally should have taken a picture of it.  Pavlov's theory is being proven as I type...  Not that there were any doubts he was right!  After lunch, Charlotte and the shirtless Crosby were eager to help in the gift opening too...
I couldn't open things fast enough for them.  They went ahead and opened a few for me!
BEAUTIFUL pillow made by you know who!!!
Sweet Malone.  We are best buds.  I just love that he walks up with his arms held high, reaching for me to pick him up.  Such a sweet, sweet boy.  All boy, I might add, with battle wounds to prove it!
Oh, he is such a love bug.  Always giving sweet cousin hugs...
And sweet Aunt hugs...
See!  He just couldn't stand it.  He needed to be in my lap, too!!  Precious child...
I am pretty sure I will never get enough of this sweet face looking at me...
She is such a good baby.  Happy most of the time...
And the faces she makes.  My word, this child is too much!!!  I just LOVE this face.  Have I mentioned she is a priss??
My little bit cuddled up with her GranBuddy...
I mean seriously. Does it get any cuter than this?
For the full effect.  Can you see that she is sitting there like a queen on a throne.  Have mercy!!!
Such a little darling...
I had to take a picture of this on the way out...
Lulu is getting chickens!!  And just like everything Lulu does, their coup is to die for!!!  I mean, I would live in that coup.  Crosby may have just tried...
Jane Claire getting goodbye love from Lulu...
From there, we headed to my parents for a surprise visit.  There is always fun to be had when you visit grandparents.  Take this picture for example...
Pop let Jane Claire ride around in Crosby's dump truck.  Needless to say, it was a big hit for all involved parties...
After her bath, he let her roll around on Gee Gee's walker...
At least Gee Gee and Crosby are safe, sitting on the couch reading books.  He loves reading books with his Gee Gee.  Always has.  Hope he always will...
Jane Claire decided she had enough of the tomfoolery and attempted to read, too!
It was a great Sunday afternoon spent with family.  I had a great birthday celebration with the Malone crew.  We will be celebrating with my family next weekend.  More fun to be had for sure!   Speaking of fun, Crosby had a hair appointment this afternoon with our FAVORITE stylist in the world.  I wonder why Crosby likes Mrs. Eve so much...
Maybe it is that she loves all things Disney?  Or may it is her stash of suckers?  Or maybe it is her personality?
I can't quite put my finger on it but we sure do love Mrs. Eve.  She make the haircut experience a blast. That goes for me too.  Only I don't get a sucker!?!  ;-)

And like every week, I will wrap things up with Jane Claire and her bunny.  Here is Jane Claire at 49 weeks...
Do I even bother saying it kills me to type those numbers???

No comments: