Monday, March 4, 2013

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 4 years and 9 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 48 weeks old!!!  These two are such a joy.  Crosby adores Jane Claire.  She is a big fan of him...most of the time. ;-)  She especially loves getting in the bathtub with her big brother.  Although if I am completely honest, she is eager to take a bath with or without him!  She LOVES bath time!  Crosby was equally fond of baths when he was her age.  She tries climbing over the side to get in before I can even get her clothes off.  Crosby did, too!  She smiles and splashes EVERYWHERE.  Crosby did, too.  She flips over onto her belly, takes gulps of water and promptly chokes on it.  Crosby did, too!  She cries when you take her out.  She hates to be done but she is usually exhausted by that point.  Crosby did the same thing, too!  It is fun to see their similarities.  There are lots of them!

Crosby has gotten more interested in helping me cook lately. Early in the week, I made a meal that required a food processor.  Crosby has never been a fan of that appliance.  It has always been way too loud for his liking.  But he really wanted to help me cook.  So, I came up with an idea that solved the problem...   
Who know ear protection purchased for the monster truck show would come in handy for the kitchen!?!  He would count to three and then press the button.  Of course he couldn't tell how loud he was counting because...he had on his ear protection.  Let me assure you, he was loud!  Here he is in the middle of "threeeeeeeeee"....


Silly boy!  Now that we have solved the noise problem, he is all about using the food processor now!!  

Little bit likes to help out in the kitchen now too!  She did this for the first time a few weeks ago.  I finally caught it on video...
Thursday was Caroline Grace Malone's 5th birthday. Five.  I am not sure how it has been five years since that day.  I can close my eyes and be back in that hospital room in a moment.  The sounds.  The people.  The smell of the soap.  The hope.  The despair.  The empty arms.  The empty belly.  The loneliness.  The overwhelming grief.  I say it every year.  I suppose it will never change.  I will never forget the day my second daughter was born.

Five years later, there is peace.  There is hope.  There is joy. There is gratitude.  There is family.  There is love.  On Thursday, we celebrated Caroline...  
Jane Claire wasn't sure why we were celebrating, but she will...
This little fella knows who his sisters are.  He was more than happy to sing his favorite song and celebrate with sweets...
This guy too!
Five years ago, I never thought I would recover.  I never thought I would genuinely laugh or smile again.  Praise the Lord, God is bigger than me and my thoughts...

We met friends for a little play time at Monkey's Treehouse on Friday.  It was Jane Claire's first time to really play...
Yes.  She is wearing the same outfit she wore to the zoo last week.  What can I say, she looks precious in this consignment sale find!!  ;-)  She and Milly had a good ole time playing in the ball pit...
Wild man enjoyed climbing on the foam blocks...
Cutest. Baby Girl. Ever...
Crosby and his partner in crime, Addy...
On Saturday night, we had dinner with the Wootten crew.  I managed to snap a few pictures of the boys at the big kids table.  Here are their normal faces...sort of...
And their silly faces!!!
Gotta love boys.  They were more than happy to pose for the later.  The first one, not so much.  As if that wasn't obvious!

This video was from last week.  I forgot it was even on my phone!  My parents watched Crosby and Jane Claire while I worked the consignment sale.  Pop taught Jane Claire a new trick.  She showed off her new skills over dinner at Oscar's...
On Saturday, my precious baby doll turned ELEVEN months old!!!  ELEVEN.  This is seriously breaking my heart.  I cannot stand that my newborn, baby girl is almost one year old.  Heaven help me...
Cold, winter weather forced us inside once again for pictures on my bed...
The lighting is the pits but the subject is still perfect!
Oh my goodness.  I just LOVE this face.  Those eyes.  She is giving me the look for sure...
Sitting so sweet for pictures...
Oh how I love this sweet 11 month old girl...
She looks so big I can hardly stand it...
"See how long my legs are???"
She was appalled by the numbers she saw...
I had to hide them from her sight, too!!!
But she is a smart girl.  She found them! ;-)
I don't know any other way to put it.  Jane Claire is a great baby.  She just is.  She sleeps good.  She eats good.  She is happy most of the time.  And, she is a doll!! ;-)

There is not a lot she won't eat.  She is sort of a bottomless pit these days.  The only thing she is starting to turn her nose up to is purees.  She wants whatever is on our plate.  Not that mushy stuff!!!  Unless it is in a pouch!!  Sometimes, I try to squeeze in a few veggies via jar.  You know, if the rest of us are eating something lame like...hot dogs?!?  Yes.  It happens.  She has started to drink a little more out of sippy cups and the bottle.  Emphasis on little!  But if I am honest, it is just easier to feed her than it is to pump and attempt to give her that sippy cup or bottle!!  I suppose I will really work on it when we are given the okay to start whole milk.  In a month.  Heaven help me...

Little bit has taken off with her height and weight.  I have no idea what either measure is at this point.  But I know she is longer and heavier!  She is still in size 3 diapers and I think she will be there for a while.  She has moved from the 3-6 month Janie and Jack size to 6-12 months!  You never know with other brands.  6 months all the way up to 18 months.  Why are sizes all over the place?

Jane Claire's preferred mode of transportation is me!! ;-)  But she crawls all over the place.  She has picked up speed and can get where she wants to go pretty quickly.  She pulls up on everything and cruises a bit.  She is able to stand without holding on for 10 seconds or so before she decides it is overrated.  She can walk behind a push toy but is pretty wobbly.  That is good news to me!  Means we have a little more time before she walks.  Immobility is preferred! ;-)  We officially had to put the baby gates on the stairs this month.  Here is why...

Jane Claire still sleeps 12 hours or more most nights and naps 3-4 hours during the day.  Give her her lovie and her bubba, turn on a little waterfall noise, and Baby Girl is good to go.

Jane Claire chatters more and more each day.  Da da, Ma ma, duh (dog), Nih Nih (night night).  She is appropriate with "Da da" for Blake but I haven't really heard her refer to me as "Ma ma." Of course, Blake comes in the door every night so we practice.  I am usually just here!

Jane Claire likes to give sweet little cuddles.  When I get her out of bed, she reaches down to pick up her lovie first.  When I pick her up, she lays her head on my shoulder.  When someone talks to her and she is feeling shy, she lays her head on my shoulder and smiles.  It is the sweetest thing ever.  She does the backwards wave which is one of my favorite baby gestures.  Too cute.

What a great 11 months it has been!  How blessed we are by this sweet little one.  Just like every other month, I took her perspective pictures.

Jane Claire and her bunny...
I just love how she looks over at her bunny...
And then makes a break for it!!
Jane Claire and her bunny in her chair...
Mug shot...
Big feet, little feet...
Big hand, little hand...
Jane Claire at 48 weeks...
Praying this next month takes its time.  One can wish... ;-)

No comments: