Monday, September 3, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 35 weeks old!!! At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 22 weeks old!!!  Yesterday, their Daddy turned 35 years old!!!  And, sweet Jane Claire was officially 5 months old on her Daddy's birthday!  Too sweet...

We had a lot of celebrating to do this Labor Day weekend. Unfortunately, an Auburn loss put a damper on Saturday night.  Apparently they didn't get the memo that they needed to win for Blake's sake...  On Sunday morning, I made overnight French toast and bacon for his birthday breakfast.  He even got to eat on the "You are Special" plate I made a few years ago. And I got to snap the most adorable picture of my precious family.  I think it is a new favorite!!  And that Jane Claire...she looks just like her Daddy to me!!! After breakfast, we headed to church.  Too bad we missed first service.  I was hoping they would call Blake on the stage for birthday Sunday. ;-) The Malones offered their house/pool for a little surprise gathering for Blake's 35th birthday party.  Nothing like a surprise pool party to make you feel young, right!?! ;-)  So, we headed to Columbia after church.  We usually have family get-togethers to celebrate birthdays so Blake wasn't suspicious at all.  Friends arrived around 4:00 and we snuck them in the front door without Blake's knowledge.  It wasn't until Crosby yelled out, "DEAN!!!!" that Blake had any clue that something was going on.  And needless to say, I did not breathe a word of this to Crosby.  At 3.5 years of age, he is the world's worst secret keeper!  Although he was a little embarrassed, Blake was honored to spend the evening with a house full of dear friends and family.  We had a great time celebrating him!

Baby Jane wearing a birthday hat...    
Addy Lou and Crosby wearing their hats...
Sweet Milly and her hat...
And another one of my sweet girl with Pop and Gee Gee...
"Baby Jack" as Crosby still calls him...
Dean, wanting to take his had OFF!!!  Can't blame him.  Those straps are so tight...
Little Luke...
And Miss Annie...
We had tables set up for the little ones to eat.  All went well until my boy spilled water right in Addy's lap...
It didn't matter much because they were all in the pool soon enough...
Blake's first pool party!!! ;-)
The Cernochs dominated the deep end...
My sweet girl...
After a little swim, we headed back inside for cupcakes.  Lulu made the BEST red velvet cupcakes for the adults and cupcakes with chocolate icing and sprinkles for the kiddos. Delish...
Gotta love cupcakes!!!
Blake being sung to.  He loved it...

Crosby's favorite part of the song.  The end.  Where he always says, "YAAAAAYYYYY!!" and claps!
I requested an attempt at a group picture at the end of the night.  I am absolutely amazed that it turned out so well!  Nearly EVERYONE is looking and all heads can be seen.  Not sure how that happened but I am thrilled!
I cannot believe Blake is 35.  That means I am close.  How did that happen?  I am pretty sure we are still somewhere in our 20's.  There must be a mistake.  Just like it there has to be a mistake in the picture below...
That number can't say FIVE!?!?  How has she been here 5 whole months already?
She is no longer that tee tiny baby.  She is doing more and more every single day.  If you can't tell, she is getting very good at grabbing with those sweet little hands...
She is just about the sweetest thing ever...
I mean, look at that face.  She melts my heart when I look at her, oh, a million times a day!
She is such a little doll!
At 5 months, Jane Claire is still wearing size 1 diapers.  That is mainly because I ordered that big box and haven't run out of them yet!  And I found a stash under her bed that someone had given us.  I insist on using every one of them before moving on to the next size.  Soon.  She is wearing 3-6 month clothing.  She is a petite little thing.  She could care less about eating half of the time it seems.  I try to feed her at least 7 times a day at this point.  Sometimes more, sometimes less.  Just to keep things going,  I make myself pump once a day.  I initially wanted to have a stash for when I am away from her.  Now the stash is overflowing and I am about to start pouring it down the drain I guess!?!?  It is funny to think I ONLY pumped with Crosby.  Now, I have a hard time making myself do it!  I need to get this baby to take a bottle consistently but that would just mean more work for me!  My how things have changed with this babe!

Jane Claire still wakes up once at night to eat.  I am pretty sure she is at a point where she can go all night.  I suppose we need to work on that soon.  I just keep hoping she is going to figure it out on her own and I won't have to let her cry it out.  Please...  She still rolls from her belly to her back.  She only rolls to the right at this point.  Once on her back, she rolls from side to side.  She still grabs at her toys and trys to bring everything to her mouth.  She is constantly chewing on those hands!  Or mine!  She is about to start chewing on those feet.  They are in her hands quite a bit these days, too.  She still loves the activity mat and bouncy seat.  The exersaucer is quickly becoming a new favorite!  She could take or leave the Bumbo.  So could her brother!  It is hard to believe that we will be breaking out the high chair in a month.  Solids are just around the corner.  Can I just say I am dreading them...

On to perspective pictures!

Jane Claire and her bunny...
Jane Claire and her bunny in her chair...

Outtakes...
Rolly Polly...
Adorable...
Mug shot.  Does she look like she is in trouble or what!?! ;-)
It sure is hard to get pictures of feet these days...
Big feet, little feet...
Big hand, little hand...
Precious baby girl!
Grabby fingers in action...
Trying to get Brother's bubba.  Yes, he still has it...
She was successful!
And fear not. I was successful in removing it from her hands before it made it to her mouth!
Jane Claire at 22 weeks!!!
Not much changed from one day to the next.  Just the clothes...
Same precious face!

No comments: