Monday, May 21, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 21 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 7 weeks old!!!  My goodness where have the last 7 weeks gone?  Too much has happened this week to remind me how fast time is moving.  Oh to slow it down.  Sigh...

Tuesday night was a super special evening for me and my sweet Jane Claire...
A precious group of friends and family hosted a Sip 'n See for Jane Claire...
Back row- Left to Right: Dele, Anne Claire, Kara, Me and Jane Claire, Jenny, Bethany, Courtney
Front row- Left to Right: Katie, Heidi, LeAnne, Kristen

There were so many beautiful (and tasty!!) touches...
Burlap banner
Sweet verses...
More delisious cookies!!!
Not sure what we were doing but apparently I thought it was funny!
Beautiful flowers...
Yummy chocolate covered strawberries...
Another handwritten verse.  Oh to write like this...
Adorable diaper wreath...
Katie, Mom, Me and Jane Claire, Lucy and Anne Claire...
Mom, Me and Jane Claire...
Stunning cake...
There were so many sweet people that gave up a Tuesday night with their family to meet my darling girl.  I am sure lots of daddies had their hands full to let their wives join us at such a hectic time of day.  I am so grateful for each and every person who was there and those who were there in spirit.  I never dreamed we would be given such a gracious celebration.  Jane Claire was given lots of sweet, sweet gifts that were not expected.  We sure feel blessed to have this baby in our lives and are so thankful that others wanted to host such an occasion for us.  Precious, precious friends...

On Thursday, we headed to Spring Hill for our first official swim date with Danielle and Jack Spencer. A friend is letting me use her Moses basket, which was just perfect for the pool!  Too bad Jane Claire couldn't exactly fall asleep in it...
We will have to work on that one!  We want to spend lots of time swimming this year.  Crosby and Jack had a good ole time together...
On Sunday, we took Jane Claire to church for the first time!  Luckily I remembered to take my camera so we could document the big day...
I should have taken a picture of her in the sweet dress Lulu made for Charlotte!  At least I snapped one with my phone when we got home!
It felt so good to sit on the pews knowing our family of four was there together!  Life is finally settling into a normal routine post bed rest and baby.  I am loving the new life and new routine!

Sunday night, we headed to Let It Shine with the children's ministry.  We had never been before so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  Something told me Crosby would enjoy it so we signed up.  Boy was that a good idea!  He had a GREAT time playing on all of the equipment.

This was a swing that could be lifted REALLY high in the air.  He was a big fan...
Running on the trampoline and jumping into the ball pit...
And I couldn't resist the chipmunk...
Walking on the balance beam...
Jumping into a ball pit from a platform...
Where is Crosby???
All smiles!
Jumping...
on the trampoline!!!
At the end, we all gathered to say a prayer. Such a fun time with our church family!
Crosby is ALLLL about helping with all things Jane Claire.  We finally ( :-/ ) got a new bath tub for this baby to use!!  The sweet thing has been deprived of frequent baths for 7 weeks now... Anyway, we were excited to see how she would like it.  She seemed to be quite cozy!  Crosby is ALLLLL about helping with Jane Claire.  Fortunately he does actually "help" most of the time.  He decided to rinse her head with a measuring cup...
This was a bittersweet week for us.  Crosby had his last day of school at Harpeth Heights today.  We have enjoyed this year for sure.  It started out rocky, with him not wanting me to leave.  And how hard it was to leave him.  Broke my heart.  Then I went on bed rest and a neighbor started taking him.  Crosby grew to LOVE riding to school with Mrs. Lexi and Isabella, or "Missabella" as Crosby likes to call her!  The teachers and staff were so sweet to love on my boy while I was stuck on the couch.  It made bed rest a lot easier to manage. I was finally able to take him again at the end of my pregnancy and once Jane Claire arrived.  Thankfully there were no tears at the end of the year!  It is hard to believe this school year has come and gone.  We put a lot of thought into where Crosby would go to school if I got pregnant. I am so grateful everything fell into place so nicely.  I couldn't have asked for a better situation.  What a blessing.  And to reminisce..  

First day of school...
 Last day of school...
I guess I sort of told a fib.  Crosby actually was on the verge of tears in that picture.  Not because he was emotional over the last day of school.  It had more to do with the fact that he got up late and just wasn't quite ready to walk out the door when Mrs. Lexi arrived!  I suppose this forced smile is better than the chipmunk!!!  Beggars can't be choosers at this point!

Jane Claire at 7 weeks...
Even she is sad about how fast time is going...

1 comment:

Jill Fields said...

Can't wait to read about that shower!!! Someone is VERY talented!!!

P.S. Just a warning, William's 1st birthday is Aug. 23rd! Would LOVE to have a canvas cupcak if you're able!