Monday, September 19, 2011

Mondays with Crosby



At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 38 weeks old!!!  It has been a low key kind of week.  Not too much going on, which I appreciated coming off the previous weekend!  Once again, I was a slacker at pulling out the camera.   I did manage to catch this sweet moment between father and son on Friday night...


We had just been out for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant, hence the soccer jersey Blake was sporting!  When we got home, the boys curled up on the couch and read a few books.  Crosby is still a big fan of reading books.  I am pretty sure we could read for hours each day.  Love that!

On Saturday, we headed south to Columbia.  Pop is such a handyman.  He offered to save us a buck and change our brake pads.  Fortunately, he had a helper...
Yep!  Crosby assisted on the project!  My dad used the jack while Crosby manned the wrench..

I am pretty sure he was just sticking the wrench in the holes of the hubcap and twisting.  But I am sure it was helpful...

Once Pop got the lug nuts loose, Crosby was able to help take them off...
I am fairly confident that Pop could have finished the job in half the time had his "helper"not been there. But he wouldn't have had it any other way...

In the end, we had to lose the pants because he kept getting brake dust and grease on them.  And I still haven't attempted to get that out! Yikes!  Let's hope Dawn does the trick.

My little man has hit a phase the past month or so and it is breaking my heart.  The kiddo that loved going to school now cries before we even leave the house.  He spends the entire (2 minute) drive saying he is not going to school.  When we get to his classroom, the teacher had to pry him out of my arms.  It is pretty horrific for me, to say the least.  But he is doing it every where.  He did it at church on Sunday.  He did it on the way to Columbia Saturday.  He did it on the way to CBS on Wednesday.  My little fella is all of a sudden very attached to us and does not want to be separated.  I know it is probably just a phase, but it sure makes a momma feel guilty for changing up his routine.  I am hoping this phase passed soon!

On the bright side of things, Crosby got to see his first rainbow today...

There is actually a second one behind it but it is hard to see.  Crosby immediately made some reference to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when he saw it.  Apparently there is an episode titled Minnie's Rainbow or something.  Then he and Blake start chanting, "Rainbow, Rainbow, GO, GO, GO" from said episode.  He still loves Mickey, too.  I prefer the books.  But at least Mickey has taught him about cylinders and spheres.  Who knew!?!?  And who knew that Crosby knows my phone number!  I had to give it out at Advanced Auto when I bought the brake pads. I got the first 6 digits out and finished the last 4!!!  Seriously, the child knows way too much information!  He just grinned from ear to ear when I asked him how he knew that!!! :-)

1 comment:

Kara Graves said...

ahhh that Crosby is just too precious and we miss him over here in the Graves household!