Monday, September 5, 2011

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 36 weeks old!!!  On Friday, his dad turned 1 year older!  Crosby and I had big plans for Friday morning.  When I was giving him a bath Thursday night, I made the mistake of telling him we were going to get up early and make pancakes and bacon for Daddy first thing in the morning!!  Wouldn't you know Blake walked no more than 10 seconds after our conversation ended.  Crosby yells out, "Gonna eat pancakes and bacon, Daddy?"  Fortunately I was thinking on my toes and claimed he was confused about Charlottle's birthday party (which was Saturday) having pancakes and bacon like Leighton's party.  Blake fell for it.  Crosby looked at me like I had 2 heads!  Oh well...nevermind the "Blake fell for it" part.  I was just informed that he figured it out.  Way to ruin it Danielle!!

Birthday Breakfast with Daddy...
At least I remembered to pull out the "special" plate I made for us to use on special days!
Saturday was Charlotte's 2nd birthday.  It was too precious.  I took lots of pictures.  Problem is, I used Anne Claire's camera.  And she has it at her house. So....I will have to post those when I get my hands on her camera.  It is definitely worthy of a post!  The decorations were just adorable.  She even had a matching dress...

We gathered again on Sunday to celebrate Blake's birthday with the family.  He opened gifts after lunch with a little assistance from the kiddos. There may have been a struggle at moments over who would help open gifts...
But it all worked out in the end...
Blake has been spending a lot of his free time fishing lately.  Lucy decided to have a fishing cake made for his birthday.  We all found it pretty humorous!
We headed to my parents later in the afternoon.  Crosby has been so excited to show us his new truck...
I am still shocked that my father, Danny Lipscomb, has a Ford truck parked in his garage.  Between 2 Chevrolets nonetheless!  The things grandparents will do for their grandchildren...
Man this boy must really be loved!!!

No comments: