Monday, June 27, 2011

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 26 weeks old!!!  This week is the halfway point of his year. In 2 more days he will officially be 2.5 years old.  Wow.  He sure acts it.  The things he says amazes me.  He comes up with something new everyday.  I wish I could remember it all.  He said something so funny as we were walking the garbage can to the street earlier today.  Swore I would remember it. Forgot it.  What do you do?  Walk around with a recorder?  That is about all I can think of because my memory seems to be failing.

We went to the zoo earlier in the week with Shalat Bobby...  Let me pause to explain that one...Charlotte can't quite say Crosby. It comes out more like "Bobby".  Crosby is very aware of the fact that she calls him Bobby.  So now, he refers to Charlotte as "Bobby"or "Shalat Bobby" simply because she calls him that.  He thinks it is funny. It kinda is... Okay, where was I?  We went to the zoo with Shalat Bobby and a few friends...

Crosby, Shalat Bobby, Leighton and Jacob...
We had a much needed rainy week.  It was great to be out in the sunshine for a bit.  Crosby wore his giraffe shirt for the trip.  Somebody must have told this fella because he came up super close...
Oddly enough, Crosby kept referring to the above animal and the one on his shirt as a "kangaroo".  I am not sure where he learned about the kangaroo.  We don't have them at our zoo.  I can't recall having talked about them.  Oh wait, Blake just informed me that there is a giant kangaroo on a Mickey episode.  Figures!  Anyway, I was excited that he was getting to see the giraffe up close and personal while wearing a giraffe shirt!!!  He wasn't as impressed.  He just kept saying, "Grimmie (aka give me) that camera" when I tried to take a picture of them together!!!

And he tried to snatch it away. Little stinker...
Me and my boy...
It was our first time to visit the zoo in a while so it was nice to see our animal friends again!

On Saturday, we returned to Cheekwood to see the train exhibit with the Woottens.  Crosby was so excited to hang out with John Bater (aka Christopher) and his parents, Mrs. Joanna and Kristen (aka Christopher).  Yes, that is the same name pronounced 2 very different ways by our silly boy.

He was so excited to see the trains again...
He and JCLW ran from train to train to train, taking them all in.  Turing his ear closer to the source, "Ahhhh!!!  Did you hear that train Mommy????"
It really is an impressive setup...
The boys loved watching them together and discussing what they were seeing.  
And 2 seconds after that picture was taken, Crosby sat his white shirt covered bum right down on the dark brown mulch.  I have to remind myself boys get dirty.  And wet...
Oh wait.  I am sure he should not have gotten wet.  But when the dad is along, we are introduced to all kinds of trouble that will come back to haunt me when dad is not around!!!  Something tells me Crosby will know exactly where the water garden is next time we go.  And what do you wanna bet he steps right in.  You know, because his daddy taught him how!!  Not at a botanical garden, Blake...  But boys will be boys.  Big ones and little ones I suppose! Here is the proof...
Note to self, walk NO WHERE NEAR, the water garden...
The only one I got of these two little buddies looking at the camera!  And Crosby wasn't feeling it...
Fun times!
 

2 comments:

Jill Fields said...

Special summer memories!

Salza Family said...

So funny! I'm always telling Mike I'm the one who pays for the things he teaches our boys! Looks like they had lots of fun though!