Monday, February 7, 2011

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 6 weeks old!!! And what a fun week this has been. We had our small group over for the Super Bowl game last night. We pulled out the "jump jump" for the occasion. It will be going back to Alabama next weekend so it was our farewell jump-a-thon! Once again, it was a big hit. I realize I am talking about the "jump jump" as if I have blogged about it in the past. Yea...I would be referring to a toy we had at his birthday party, which I have YET to post. I keep thinking I am going to have a day to "catch up". Where is this day of which I speak? When will it come? Sigh...

The other day, Crosby found a sheet of stickers. When he asked to put the sticker on his shirt, I had one or two in mind. He had the whole sheet in mind...
And then he promptly removed them all. He isn't fond of messes and they made a big mess on his shirt! At least he was entertained by it!

Today we had LOADS of fun at Monkey Joe's. We went WAAAAAAAY back in May of 2010 while visiting the Edenfields in South Carolina. He liked it then. But today. Today he was in LOVE with Monkey Joe's!! Our Otter Creek playgroup met today and it was a huge success for most of the kiddos!

Here is little Lucas peering around the corner...
Dean "driving" the car. And yes, he can manage 2 steering wheels at one time. Very impressive...
The wild man LOVED going down the slides, as you will see over and over and over...
Addy Lou driving her car...
There Crosby goes, climbing up the ladder all by himself...
And back down...
And back up...
Almost there...
Yay!!! He made it to the top!!!
And how quickly he came back down...
My view from the bottom of the slide...
On the way down...
Almost to the bottom...
Lucas coming down on his belly. At least somebody using a little caution!!!
Not this one! Why don't we try head first???
The WHOLE gang. From really far away. I wish the photographer would have zoomed in but
I suppose beggars can't be choosers, right?!
One more slide by himself...
The kids weren't the only ones having a good time! Courtney did too...
So did I, for that matter!!! :)
Somebody was WORN out at the end of our play date...
He perked back up for dinner. My sweet cousin, Laura, had us over for dinner, along with Justin and Katie. Blake had Bible study and wasn't able to join us. We had a great time catching. Crosby enjoying visiting "Mara"...
Crosby with Katie, Laura and Justin. Can you tell he was pretty tired? Bubba in mouth and hand rubbing his sleeves! So sweet...
A kiss sandwich!
There have been a couple of milestones over the past few weeks. It seems like we have been in size 4 diapers for at least a year. I should check and see when we moved up. This week, we moved out! I finally gave in and bought a pack of 5's! To bad there are fewer diapers in the box as you go up in size. I guess that is a motivating factor to start potty training. I am just not there yet. And I have been told that it is best to start around age 3 with boys. BUT...somebody does know when he goes #2, for lack of better terminology. And if he tells me about it BEFORE he does it, he will actually go on the potty! He has done it a few times now. As for #1, I don't think he even knows there is a #1. So I am wondering if I should go ahead and get a potty for him or just stick him on the real deal. How does this work? I am REALLY not wanting to start this just yet because I don't think he is ready for it. But I will keep offering if he brings it up. Thoughts and suggestions are welcomed!!

3 comments:

Sonja said...

Skip the kid potty and just do the big one with a step stool. It will save you a transition step later! None of my boys were quite ready until 3 but he'll let you know if he's ready before that. Maybe you'll get lucky!

Jill Fields said...

No advice on the potty stuff! I think every kiddo is a little different!

Ok, so those hands while he's asleep in the carseat...precious! He's doing some kind of meditation in his sleep!

I don't know if this is the appropriate format, but I don't have your email to ask...

I have a very important birthday next month...and I'm begging for a favor...as if you have all the free time in the world....I'll get to it, can you create one of your adorable sign's for Ann Cortner?!?! I would be ever so grateful! Email me at jillnfields@hotmail.com for a more private chat! :)

Sarah said...

Let's talk sometime about potty training. I have too much to say for this comment box! :) Maybe we could discuss it over a cupcake....