Monday, September 20, 2010

Mondays with Crosby


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 1 year and 38 weeks old!!! And on this Monday, we find ourselves at Cottage 356 on Sea Island, Georgia. This is the second year in a row we have taken this trip with the Edenfields. It is sort of looking like a new tradition for our families! A new babe has been added to the mix, which makes it all the more fun! But let me not get ahead of myself. (technically, I am really behind so that is not possible...just go with me...)

We have known about this trip for a while. I had plenty of time this week to pack us up. But, like any good procrastinator does, I waited until the last minute. I say I work better under pressure to make myself feel better about this horrible habit of mine. In case you don't believe me, I will offer proof.

Tuesday was MDO. Wednesday was CBS. Thursday was my hair appointment in Columbia so we spent the whole day there. And, yes, it was worth it to get a FORTY FIVE dollar cut AND color!! $45!!!! Where was I? Ah yes. Friday morning. We were scheduled to leave first thing Saturday morning. Although I only had a few things packed, I suggested to Melissa that we take the kiddos to the zoo. She thought my idea was fabulous! They did too...
The gibbons were quietly resting when we walked up. Pretty boring. Just was we started to walk away, they started to put on a show! Our little spectators were quite impressed!
Then we made our way to the new flamingo exhibit...
I am sure back in the day I learned they stood on one leg. But I had forgotten, or at least had not given it much thought in the past 20+ years. I was totally amazed by their balancing skills and still find myself wondering how that ability is energy efficient?! It must be or they wouldn't do it...
Back to the kiddos. I snapped a few pictures of Crosby and Miss Margaret in their strollers that are too cute not to share... Once they were over being strapped in, we let them run loose at the playground...



I am pretty sure Crosby was the first one to lie down on the mat and state the following: "Nigh Nigh!!" Seriously? He is asking to take a nap while we are at the zoo?
Miss Margaret was in agreement...
Sleepy Heads...
When they are both trying to get comfortable on the mat at the same time, you know it is time to leave!!
Not to mention I had lots of work to do at the house! It was probably good timing! No worries. I managed to get it all done in time to head out Saturday morning. We left at 9:0o and headed South. We made a brief pit stop in Birmingham to have lunch with GranBuddy/Perd, Jason, Sam and Gid. Then we climbed back into the car and continued on to Auburn.
Crosby might have enjoyed this trip a little more due to the fact that he could SEE where we were going...

I caved and turned him forward facing before his 2nd birthday. I had been holding out for safety's sake, but finally did it. He was pretty pumped...
That was until he passed out...
We got to campus and started our walk toward the stadium. Is this precious or what?!?!?
These boys love their Auburn Tigers. We made our way down to Tiger Walk and it was HOT!!!
I tried to get the 2010 version of a similar picture from last year but it didn't really happen...
Crosby was able to enjoy the band despite the heat...
Dumping cold water on his neck had a lot to do with that!

It zapped his energy even WITH the cold water! Mine too!!!
So we headed away from the crowd and sat down outside of the student center. We watched Crosby drink 24 ounces of water...
Then he took off running. He was all over the place. Of course he got millions of compliments on his outfit, made by Lulu! The first picture of the post was of him visiting a lady with a scooter. It was just like his Grammie's so he wanted to honk the horn and ride with her! GranBuddy and Blake went to the game while Crosby and I watched the game from the couch at a friend's house! Thankfully, Auburn pulled out a win, ending our day on a very good note!
At 10:30, the night was still young. Our plan was to drive from Auburn to Sea Island through the night. We did the same thing last year and it seemed to work well. However, we got to the halfway point and had a change of plans and decided to stay in a hotel instead. The 3 of us piled into a king size bed and called it a night! We had a nice breakfast on Sunday morning before jumping back into the car. We managed to make it to Sea Island before noon. We spent the afternoon hanging out by the pool, stocking up on groceries and taking a much needed nap!
Our beach trip officially started when the Edenfield crew joined us late Sunday night! I will save all of those pictures for this Monday. I mean, NEXT Monday!!! ;)
And in case you didn't already notice, I got to play with Lightroom on Jessica's computer once again! LOVE IT...

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I hate to leave you hanging but we are on vacation. And I am posting from a blackberry because we have no internet access tonight. I'll be back tomorrow...

Melissa said...

Too cute. . .what precious little angels we have! Dear Santa, can I have Lightroom for Christmas?

Jill Fields said...

Me, too, Santa...I want a Lightroom!!!!