Monday, August 10, 2009

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 32 weeks old!!! We have had a few major developments this week! I thought I heard Crosby say "Da da" on Thursday night while we were getting him dressed for bed. I couldn't be sure though. Oh...but Friday... I heard it ALL DAY long!! He also threw in "Ba ba," as well! It is so funny how he can go from squeals and shrills to actual consonants!! So, Blake gets the first smile AND the first sounds!!! Of course, Crosby has no idea what he is saying. We are working on it though!!

We have been in Size 3 diapers for 2 weeks now and I am not loving them. Too bad you go from the soft, sweet, white Swaddlers to the bright, stiff Cruisers. Okay, so they are not that stiff but they are by no means a Swaddler!! I tried to keep him in the smaller ones as long as possible but it was time to make the move. He looks like such a big boy now. :(

My aunt and uncle came up to see Crosby on Saturday. It was Uncle Ken's first time to meet the little guy. Aunt Dot had not seen him since February. Needless to say, she thinks he has gotten A LOT bigger! Our whole family went to J. Alexander's for lunch and Crosby was such a good boy! He fell asleep on my shoulder at the end of our meal. That was a first...and I kinda liked it!!

I had to post these pictures. We gave our kitty cats to a sweet family Blake knows from the clinic. Stewart and Dharma have been with them for a few years now. They took pictures of the kitties and had them put on onesies. Here is Crosby sporting his "Stewart onesie"...

To the "S" family: Let Dharma she will get a post as well!!! :)


Crosby and I spent Friday afternoon with Melissa and Margaret Belle. We spent the tax free shopping day in Cool Springs. We took a "lunch break" in the women's restroom at Belk. What a great place for a photo shoot! Melissa pulled out the camera and got some really great pictures. I don't think she will mind my sharing them with you! :) Are these two babies precious or what???
Would you look at her putting that hand on Crosby's thigh!! Such a nurturer already...

Looking the same direction!!!

I was having all the fun while Melissa took pictures...

Happy babies!!!

Great pictures, Melissa!!

As I have mentioned, Crosby LOVES to drink from a cup. We really have to watch him if we take a sip while he is in our lap. He can grab a cup out of your hand quicker than you would think. He puts his little hands on the rim and pulls the glass towards his wide, open mouth. So cute!!

Taking a sip...
So proud of himself...

Going back in for more...



We've got a little Tiger in the house...


War Eagle!!!
We are getting him ready for football season early! Corey, a follower of the inferior (Alabama) team, was so sweet to give Crosby these little tiger shoes just to tickle Blake's fancy. She thought about getting elephants as a joke but refrained. While I will admit knit elephants would be pretty cute on a chubby, baby feet, Blake would disagree!!! What a fun gift! Of course I had to take a few pictures of him wearing them before they get too small! We are considering taking him to a night game in September...good idea??? Bad idea???

"What are you doing, mom???"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the kitty onesies! Stewart looks a lot like Samuel, you remember our "pretend to be hurt" feline? Oh, Crosby is such a cute little butterball! I also loved the pics of Sonja and Katherine's children! So much fun! You are were just made for motherhood! Give Crosby a big smooch for me!
Jill