Monday, July 20, 2009

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 29 weeks old!!! My, oh my! We are almost into our 30's! This cannot be correct. Can it? Yes, it is. I went back and checked, just to be sure! What is happening to my tiny, preterm baby???

Crosby still has congestion in his sinuses this week. He isn't really coughing or sneezing all that much. He doesn't really have a runny nose. He has been in a great mood and is still sleeping like a champ. The only thing that is a little out of the ordinary is his appetite. I am having to work with him to take his full bottle. Not sure if that is because of his "cold" or if he is just not needing as much milk now that he is eating solids consistently. I put in a call to the doctor today because this has been nearly 2 weeks since it started. If he is still congested on Wednesday, we will pay Dr. P a visit to make sure there is no ear infection or anything else going on. I am hoping whatever it is will just clear up on it own.

Last week, Crosby had his first official visit to McDonald's. It seems like that is a "milestone" in the life of the American child. So, I had to take his picture. Blake wanted the "M" in the background but I wanted the focus to be on Crosby's face. Compromise with a shot of both...


Since he is eating solids, we decided to order a chicken nugget kids meal and pureed it for him. He LOVED it...

Sneaking up on him...
...as he attempts to escape his swing!!


Because Blake works most Saturdays :(, Crosby gets stuck going with me to all my girlie events!! Thankfully he doesn't notice he is the only male in a large group of females!! This Saturday, we got all dressed up and headed to a shower for Anne Claire and Baby Charlotte.

Meet Charlotte ...

Well, you can't really see her yet but she is in there!!! And set to make her debut in September. Maybe even on her Uncle Blake's birthday!!!
Anne Claire and Crosby...
He was wearing one of Blake's Feltman Brother's bubbles from when he was Crosby's age! How sweet is that??
Crosby was quite taken with this little one. Miss Averil, who was wearing an outfit her mommy wore when she was a little girl! How ironic! Apparently it was "wear your parent's old clothes day" and we didn't even know it!

"Mom, seriously. You have way too many pictures of me in this bouncy seat."

LOVES those hands...
And is becoming quite fond of his dog...
Telling me all about it...
Can you see it???? I'm telling you, it is coming!!! We are going to have to break out a brush soon!

He still enjoys the counter. Only,now, he prefers to sit up! He helped Blake clean the kitchen before his bath! What a good helper!



Nugget doesn't pay Crosby much attention at this point. Like I mentioned before, Crosby thinks Nugget is pretty neat. Initially, Nugs walked in front of Crosby and practically laid in his lap. Of course, I got up to get the camera and Nugget had to move. Can you tell he is being forced to reenact the loving moment?!! :)

And NO, I did not feed this baby McDonald's. Surly no one believed that nonsense!!!

2 comments:

stance. said...

hahaha, that video makes me smile. i love that crosby just starts to "pet" nugget in a very baby manner - wildly waving his arms towards nugget's head! what a patient dog to love him back :)

and yeah...i believed you about the mcdonalds. and i judged you silently about pureeing chicken mcnuggets...but i'm glad to hear that was not serious :P

Sonja said...

I'm glad you couldn't see my face when I read that. Hahaha. I was thinking, "Seriously?? I've known Danielle for over half my life and I just can't see her doing that!" Then I thought..."So....how'd they puree that? Do they have a portable pureer?" Ha. Ridiculous:)