Monday, December 3, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 48 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 35 weeks!!!  We have been home from Disney World over a week now.  Life has slowly, but surely resumed some semblance of normal.  Crosby continues to encourage me we will return to Disney World one day soon.  It is giving me comfort for now!! ;-)

On Tuesday we had a little celebrating to do!  Sweet Malone turned 1 year old on 11-11-12.  We were all set to have a birthday party on his big day until he started to feel puny.  Anne Claire decided to postpone it until after our trip just in case.  We were so happy to finally celebrate Little Man!

Malone's smash cake...
The decor was too cute.  And Anne Claire MADE the red velvet cupcakes.  To die for...

The man of the hour.  He looks a little concerned... ;-)
What are they trying to do?  Why are they putting fire near my face???
Jane Claire sat on the couch, looking so precious while Malone opened his gifts...
Oh how I love that sweet face...
Meanwhile, Malone opened this puppy dog and immediately fell in love...
He carried it around forever, stopping to hug him every few seconds!!  Sweet thing...
Jane Claire eventually made her way to the floor.  She wanted to try her new skills...crawling!!!!
You read right!!!  My sweet baby girl is starting to crawl...
She wanted to before Disney World.  I tried to "discourage" it, knowing once she was on the move, she would be hard to contain.  I needed to buy myself a week!! ;-)
She can manage to get to items she really wants.  Like this sock...
And she is pretty proud of herself when she reaches it!  Kills me that my tiny baby is almost officially crawling!!! Please just slow down...
The cousins had a little tea party after the birthday party!  And yes, Crosby was wearing his Mickey turkey shirt.  After Thanksgiving.  Totally in denial still...
A little cousin love!
On Wednesday, CBS had the annual Christmas program.  Crosby still LOVES to sing and knows most of the words to the songs they have learned this semester.  Last year, he just stood in one spot and didn't really sing all that much.  This year, he actually participated!
Rocking Baby Jesus!
In an attempt to overcome Post Disney Depression, we went out and got our Christmas LAST Sunday!  I managed to get the lights on it Sunday night and then it sat. I finally decided on Friday that we should finish decorating it!!!  I got Jane Claire down for her morning nap and we got started...
Well, something like that!
It didn't last very long.  It had nothing to do with Crosby losing interest.  Not at all.  It also had nothing to do with the fact that Jane Claire's nap lasted no time at all!  You can't exactly decorate a tree with and almost 8 month old babe that is trying to crawl!  So we pushed decorating back a bit.  We got Jane Claire down for the night and we started again...
At least Daddy was here to "supervise" while Crosby and I did most of the hanging...
Until Blake realized it would go MUCH faster if he helped! :-)  We finally got it decorated!!

I was super bummed when I realized that for the 4th year in a row, Blake would be working during the Otter Creek Family Christmas Breakfast.  I have had to go it alone every year and it makes me so sad that Blake has not gotten to experience this great tradition.  Saturday morning, we all got up and were running around trying to get ready.  Blake stopped to look at his work schedule and noticed that it was wide open!!  So, he made a few calls and was able to make it to the first half of the breakfast!!!  I was oh so very excited to have him there...
Jane Claire's first year...
We gathered in the auditorium for singing and story time with everyone.  Then we all went to one of 3 stations.  We had Santa pictures, Breakfast and then Crafts.  You can see how Santa pictures went...


Sweet Little Love was not sure about the lap she was sitting in...

As a matter of fact, she wasn't happy about it at all!!!
They kind of have the same expression.  I think they were both concerned for Jane Claire... ;-)
 About the best we got of Cros and Santa!
We hurried out of the auditorium, trying to make our way to Santa and failed to get a picture on stage.  Then we were one of the last folks to get pictures with Santa! So, we didn't have time to take a family picture in between stations!  We just had to settle for a family picture at the table...
Once he got us seated and situated with food on our plates, Blake had to head off to work.  What a gift it was to have him with us for most of the occasion!  Can you tell Crosby was excited?!? ;-) Here is to hoping he will be able to join us the entire time next year!  

We had to get in a cousin picture with Harper!  What a fun tradition these sweet girls get to do together!
My babes with the penguin... (if you can't tell, the lighting isn't the greatest in the auditorium!!!)
Me and my sweet angels on the stage. Is the milk carton igloo not the cutes thing ever?!?
Crosby with his buddy Lucas.  Melt my heart, these sweet boys...
Sunday was another fun Otter Creek tradition...
My precious boy's name was announced with all the December birthday babes for Birthday Sunday.  I cannot believe my baby boy will be FOUR YEARS OLD at the end of this month.  Can. Not. Believe it.  I can't even think about it...  What would Birthday Sunday be without a piece of cake!
After church, we met up with Lulu and GranBuddy at Woodmont Hills for their family Christmas festivities.  Crosby got to ride a pony just like last year.  Only this year, I was there to watch!!!
Did you notice the other cowboy riding along with him!!!
See?  It is Woody!!!  Crosby LOVES Woody...
This time last year, I was lying on the couch while Blake and Crosby did the pony ride.  I was trying to keep this sweet babe safe inside...
And inside she stayed!  And he appears to have survived the whole thing pretty well...
Malone riding on GranBuddy's shoulders.  He always leans over to look right in GranBuddy's face when he first puts him up there. It is precious.  I almost got a picture of him doing it!!
And how precious that Little Man is wearing a shortall Lulu smocked for his Uncle Blake!!!
Oh my goodness.  This girl absolutely loves a pony. I mean LOVES a pony.  She was so excited to finally be riding on her pony...
Charlotte making her gingerbread house...
Showing off their masterpieces!  And maybe eating them too...
Jane Claire trying to help!
Then we took more Santa pictures!!  And you already know how that visit turned out because it was the very first Santa picture posted.  Well, I will just post it again...
I laugh every time I look at this picture!!!  It is as if Crosby is saying, "I told you not to put her in Santa's lap.  She does not like Santa. But, you just HAAAD to have a picture of both of us in it. Is this really what you wanted the picture to look like???  Well, here it is." Cracks. Me. UP!

We decided to squeeze in one more pony ride before we left.  This time, Charlotte and Crosby got to ride at the same time!  Super special...

Family picture...

Well.  It's that time again.  Perspective pictures.  Heaven help me, it is that time again!!!  How??  How is it possible that Jane Claire was officially 8 months old yesterday?!?!  Say it ain't so people!!!  

Jane Claire and her bunny...

Jane Claire and her bunny in her chair...
Just one of her adorable face...
Mug shot...
Big feet, little feet...
Big hand, little hand...
At 8 months, Jane Claire is still wearing a size 2 diaper.  Once again, I messed myself up by ordering a big box.  She could stand to move on up into size 3.  She is still in the middle of the recommended weight for size 2 but I prefer them a little larger. But, we have an entire box to use so, we will make the
2s work!  She mostly wears 6-9 month clothing but has a few 3-6 month outfits she can still wear.  I am thinking she is still petite but she has definitely packed on a few pounds this month!  She is loving solids these days.  Especially when they come from the pouch.  We took them to Disney for convenience sake and she became an even bigger fan than she already was!  She is a little more hesitant to eat green beans and peas.  She prefers the orange and yellow veggies...squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc.  I don't want my baby turing orange so we have to mix it up a bit!!  I promise she is not as orange as the weird outdoor lighting made her look...
At this point, she eats solids at least 2 times a day.  Most of the time she eats them three times a day. Crosby always ate oatmeal and a fruit or yogurt for breakfast.  Jane Claire will have nothing to do with baby oatmeal.  Only the real stuff from Mommy's bowl!  I try to make sure get gets milk at least 5 times a day.  Who knows how many ounces she is drinking.  She will only take a bottle when I wake her up and top her off right before I go to bed!  I can usually get around 5 ounces in her...
She still sleeps through the night, waking up most mornings around 7:30 or 8.  Some mornings I find her lying in bed, wide awake, with her lovie in hand and bubba in mouth, just looking around quietly.  I think she loves her bed!  It is precious to see her sweet smile when her eyes see mine.  She likes to go down for a morning nap by 9 if we are home.  Sometimes she will sleep 3-4 hours.  Her afternoon nap is hit or miss.  We usually run errands once she wakes up from her nap and that throws her off.  If she falls asleep in the car, it is hard to transfer her to her bed.  Crosby was the exact same way!  Not sure what I did there!!!
I think she has the sweetest little profile and perfectly shaped head!  She is such a little doll.  We are starting to hear more of her voice.  "Uh daa, uh daa" is what she seems to be saying most of the time.  No "M" sounds yet...
She will tolerate the exersaucer for short periods of time if I am in a pinch.  Otherwise, she wants to be sitting in the floor, playing with toys.  Or being held of course!  I am fine with the later as long as I am not trying to make dinner!!  Sitting is becoming less appealing now that she is mobile! Today, she was really getting around.  I guess I can say she is officially crawling...
She is a hard one to crack at times.  We coined Crosby "Mr. Serious" when he was a babe.  He would NOT smile for people.  Well, it must be genetic.  She doesn't either half of the time. Oh but when she does, she will melt your heart!
No teeth have popped up yet but I really think they are close.  Drool is everywhere!!!!  And she loves to chew on EVERYTHING!!!  See. Even she can't believe she is 8 months old...
But she is!!!
Jane Claire at 35 weeks...

No comments: