Monday, March 26, 2012

Mondays with Crosby


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 13 weeks old!!!  Baby Girl and I are now at a whopping 37 weeks!!!  I have a FULL TERM baby in my belly.  How amazing to be at this point and to still be pregnant!  What a gift.  And what a beautiful reminder of just how blessed we are...  
I just love seeing this tree bloom every year in memory of Finley and Caroline.  The pink and white blooms could not be more fitting or beautiful...
I am so thankful we spent the day outside so we could enjoy them.  The wind blew most of them away the very next day!  Kind of appropriate I guess.  Much like the blooms, they were only with us a short time.  But what an impact that made while they were here...

The weather had just been splendid in these parts the past few weeks.  Definitely my favorite time of year.  Minus the pollen. But let's think positive.  If you couldn't tell, our little fella got his hands dirty with the help of his dad on Tuesday.   Blake introduced Crosby to the worm...
He was so very excited to introduce his friend to me.  "Look, Mommy!!!  You can hold him!!"
Not a fan of the worm, I tried to act calm and collected.  "No thank you.  You can hold him.  You do a much better job than I do!" :-/  Being the momma of a boy, I want to encourage him to be outside getting his hands in the dirt.  But me, yea, not so much...  
He also got a new pair of sunglasses!  Hilarious.  He lost his red pair so we had to replace them.  He is a big fan of the new look.  He wore them to the park on Wednesday and he said, "All my friends are going to say my sunglasses are cool."  I am sure they did! ;-)
Pile 'o worms... And a grub!
It makes my skin crawl just typing about them.  And to think there was a time that I would gladly hold slimy creatures...
And finally some type of larvae.  Just nasty.  I mean, precious..,
Crosby is such a handy helper...
Except it is hard to plant a bush with a child in the hole!!!
It is so fun to watch my boys "working" together.  I just love them to pieces.

Today we were driving and I pointed out "a Trooper (Isuzu) like Daddy's old Trooper!!!"  He loves seeing them on the road.  Our conversation went like this...

Me: "Crosby!!!!  There is a Trooper like Daddy's old Tropper!!!"
Cros: "Yep.  It sure is."
         "You rode in Daddy's Trooper when you had on a white princess dress."
         "And then you were married."
Me: Smiling from ear to ear. "Are you talking about my wedding dress??"
Cros: "Uh huh."
Me: "You are right, sweet boy!  Mommy did ride in Daddy's Trooper wearing her white wedding dress."
Cros: "Was I riding with you that day?"
Me:  "No, you weren't with us.  You weren't born yet."
Cros: "One day, I am going to be born again later and I am going to ride with you in Daddy's Trooper."
Me: "Well...that would be fun but I don't think that is possible."  Big smiles...

Oh my.  He is such a fun little boy.  I cannot get enough of him!!!

After months of bed rest, watching the ever expanding waistline and feeling Baby Girl squirm with impressive force, it is hard to believe we will be adding a new person to our little family.  I am silly for hoping she will come sooner rather than later?!?  I am just ready to have her here and in our arms.  According to my to Dr. B at my appointment on Tuesday, there was less progress than Friday's appointment! Seriously!?!?  Oh the irony of it all.  Thank goodness we made it through Dr. B's vacation though!  Now she can come any time she wants!  For now, we wait for this new little one to make her grand appearance...

No comments: