Monday, June 14, 2010

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 1 year and 24 weeks old!!! Year 2 is nearly half way over. This is ridiculous. Life really should not be able to pass by so quickly!! It is just not fair.

Maybe this week has seem extra short because someone decided to sleep the whole week away! I am not sure what happened to the baby we took to Mexico. I guess being crabby is exhausting. Now he is playing catch up big time. I am fairly confident the child has not gotten out of bed before 8:30 since we have been back. Actually, I know he hasn't. And today, he stayed there until 9:45?!?!? I know, I know. It is sickening to the parent dealing with a child who won't sleep or who wakes up at 4:30. But, he has been my alarm clock for 17 months now. And he is really throwing me off. We were really late to church on Sunday because we had to wake him up at 9:20. What in the world??? I will admit, it was nice to sleep in a few days after our trip. But now, I am ready to be productive again. That requires leaving the house before 10am!!! Let's keep it to 7:30 or 8:00 how 'bout??

Any ideas as to what is making this boy smile???

There are a couple of things. He heard a train in the back ground for starters. Oh, how he loves to hear a train, or a truck, or a helicopter. And if there is a siren of any sort, it is the greatest thing on earth! He is also smiling for another reason. I have mentioned he is now a BIG brother???

Yep! You read it right. And here is his sister...


Yep! She just showed up at our house 2 weeks before vacation. She stuck around (even after Blake removed her uterus...go figure!) so we are calling her ours. She is nameless but she is ours. And I guess technically speaking, she is older than Crosby. But Blake is only going by the look of her teeth when he says she is 18 months old. So I am taking off a few months to make Crosby feel a little cooler! Let me just say the boy LOVES this cat. He can say "cat" so clearly. Yet, he does not say "mommy" at all...and I am not holding a grudge... He wants to see her first thing in the morning. He tries to pick the poor thing up. He tries to squeeze and love on her. IN LOVE. Needless to say, we are working on "gentle" and provide supervision at all times for her sake! I am going to have to get a video of him seeing her first thing in the morning. It is just too cute! They are bestest of friends. He is literally mesmerized with his sister the cat...

We spent today at Grammie and Pop's house. They happen to have a cat. Zoe. Poor thing. This is what Crosby spent his time doing...


Under...


Out from under...


Under...
He chased her in and out from under his bed. He just wanted to pet her. What is so wrong with that? I have a feeling Zoe was happy to see us drive a way....

2 comments:

The Shoes said...

Oh yay for the new kitty! Addy would be super jealous. I better not tell her. Although, I'm sure all it would take is a smooch from Crosby and she'd be fine. HA! We laugh now.....

Jill Fields said...

Oh, you've got to bring him over to see Samuel! Samuel is not the friendliest of cats and acts like a little snob most times but kids seem to love chasing him! (Jack drives him absolutely insane, it's so funny!)